Profile image for tlangton5247

We are looking to live in Sevenoaks. Could someone advise any roads or areas to avoid. For example what is St John's Road like? I have viewed google and it seems to be located close to roads that contain housing association properties. St James, Davies Close etc. Does anyone experience any anti-social behaviour close by?

We are also looking at the Weald and roads such as White Hart Wood. An estate agent advised of a short cut to the station, but assume that this is still not walkable?

thanks for your help!

By tlangton5247 at 21:03 on 23/01/11

Re-post           

• Profile image for daveb230775

If you mean Weald village, then there is no way that is walkable to Sevenoaks station - it is probably 3 miles away and up a killer hill! I think that most people from Weald would get the train from Hildenborough. It is still a drive away from the village, but I guess that parking is much cheaper than at Sevenoaks.

White Hart Wood is probably just about walkable, but it would be a bit of a slog in the winter. It is over 1.5 miles, but a nice flat walk. Don't believe the estate agents about a shortcut. If you put the two points into Google maps, you cen see the route you would have to take - you may shave a couple of minutes off by going on the back roads rather than Tonbridge and London Roads, but it won't be much.

If you can deal with the commuting issues then that is a lovely part of Sevenoaks with access to the common and the nicer, quieter end of Knole Park. You will also get a bit more for your money than in equivalent roads in central Sevenoaks.

By daveb230775 at 14:31 on 24/01/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent