Sevenoaks bus timetable gets a revamp
By OaksScoop | Thursday, September 15, 2011, 10:46
Changes to the bus service timetables in the Sevenoaks area came into force this month (September).
SEVENOAKS BUS START: There are new times and reintroduced routes starting this month (September).
These include changes on schooldays resulting from the closure of Knole Academy East, the reinstatement of a service between Tonbridge, Weald Village and Sevenoaks on an experimental basis, and the introduction of a bus at 9.30am from Shoreham on Mondays to Fridays.
The existing 432 bus from Shoreham at 9.01am has been replaced by a new journey at 9.30am in order that those customers travelling free with their English National Concessionary Travel passes can use their passes to get into Sevenoaks for shopping.
The change made in April 2011 by Kent County Council to the conditions of use of the passes meant that those passes were no longer valid for travel before 9.30am.
Earlier in the year the service from Weald village was withdrawn by Arriva as the costs of providing the service were not being covered by the number of people using it.
Following discussions with Kent County Council, a service between Tonbridge, Weald and Sevenoaks has been reinstated on Mondays to Saturdays for an experimental period, this being funded by Kent County Council, with some of the financial risk being underwritten by Arriva.
The buses serving Weald will run between the main Service 402 journeys linking Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks and Bromley and, from 18 September, the timetable for the new journeys will be revised as part of other changes in the Tunbridge Wells area to run through to Tunbridge Wells.
A summary of the changes being introduced on 4 September is shown below and the new timetables can be viewed on the Avviva website by clicking here.
SERVICE 308 SEVENOAKS - BOROUGH GREEN - MEOPHAM - GRAVESEND - BLUEWATER
- The 1537 Schooldays bus from Sevenoaks to Bluewater will no longer serve Knole Academy East. There are no other changes to the times of this bus.
- The afternoon Monday to Friday timetable will be adjusted to take account of revised hours at Meopham School on Mondays.
SERVICES 402/442 BROMLEY - SEVENOAKS - HILDENBOROUGH - TONBRIDGE - TUNBRIDGE WELLS
- The 0715 (442) Schooldays bus from Tunbridge Wells to Knole Academy East will terminate at Knole Academy at 0826.
- The 0730 (402) Schooldays bus from Bromley to Tunbridge Wells will run as now to Knole Academy (0822) and will then run via St Johns Hill to Sevenoaks Bus Station (0832).
- The 1450 (402) Schooldays bus from Tunbridge Wells to Bromley will run via Sevenoaks Station at 1545 and Knole Academy at 1552, and then at its existing times.
- The 1500 (402) Schooldays bus from Bromley to Tunbridge Wells will leave Knole Academy at 1558 and Sevenoaks Station at 1605, arriving at Sevenoaks Bus Station at 1610. It will then leave the Bus Station at 1612 and run SIX MINUTES EARLIER than previously to Tunbridge Wells
- The 1722 (402) Monday to Friday bus from Tunbridge Wells to Bromley will run two minutes earlier until Sevenoaks Bus Station (1807) and then at its existing times.
- Additional Service 402 buses will run approximately hourly during the off-peak period on Mondays to Saturdays, running between Tonbridge, Hildenborough, Weald Village and Sevenoaks. Between Tonbridge and Sevenoaks these will increase the frequency to two buses an hour. Click here to see the timetable for these extra buses.
SERVICES 431/432 SHOREHAM - OTFORD - SEVENOAKS - KEMSING
- The 0756 (432) Schooldays bus from Shoreham to Sevenoaks will run as now to Knole Academy (0815) then Sevenoaks Rail Station at 0822, arriving at the Bus Station at 0826.
- The 0916 (432) Monday to Friday bus from Sevenoaks to Otford will depart at 0906 and will follow the normal route to Donnington Manor Hotel from where it will run direct to Shoreham, arriving at 0928.
- The 0901 (432) Monday to Friday bus from Shoreham to Sevenoaks will start instead from Otford Telston Lane at 0910, running at its existing times from there onwards.- The 0940 Monday to Friday bus from Otford Pond to Sevenoaks and Kemsing will start at 0930 from Shoreham, running via Otford Telston Lane at 0939, Otford Pond at 0942 and then two minutes later to Sevenoaks. There is no change to the times of this bus beyond Sevenoaks.
- The 1504 (431) Schooldays bus from Otford to Kemsing will no longer serve Knole Academy East and will run instead via Greatness, Weavers Lane (1533).
- The 1534 (431) Schooldays bus from Sevenoaks Bus Station to Shoreham will run as previously to Knole Academy (1543) then Bat and Ball (1549) and six minutes earlier to Shoreham, arriving at 1604.
- The 1544 (431) Monday to Friday bus on Non-Schooldays from Sevenoaks to Shoreham will run six minutes earlier.